Check-in after 14:00 and before 20:00
Check out by 10:00 am
Please check with us. If we have no people waiting for your room, then you are welcome to stay later by arrangement.
Yes, we accept credit cards and cheque cards but not debit cards.
No. However, we are close to many restaurants where a tasty and reasonably priced meal can be obtained.
Yes, just tell us about it and any special requests you have, and we will try and assist
Yes by arrangement as the units have enclosed private gardens that can accommodate friendly dogs. However, the Honeymoon suite and the Greek Villa are not used for pets. Please ask for advice prior to your booking and please see the pet policy.
BLUE ROAN PET POLICY
Blue Roan offers pet owners the opportunity to enjoy their holiday with their lovable pets, the number and size, and breed must be pre-arranged and agreed to. We have lovely safe off-leash walking trails on our property as well as the right to use neighbouring farms. We love all animals and have quite a few of our own. However, owing to our particular setup, which has its flaws, this invitation is extended only to owners with well-behaved and controllable dogs and is subject to the following conditions:
1. Owners must stay with their animals at all times, meaning you cannot go out at all without taking your dogs with you, as dogs in an unfamiliar environment are likely to exhibit anxiety which will result in uncontrolled barking. We are not “boarding kennels”. There are at least 4 restaurants that are pet friendly in the area. We will point these out to you. You will not be able to bring your dogs to the swimming pool as it is in the main garden where our dogs live.
2. All dogs will bark from time to time briefly at something or someone new, but the onus is upon the owner to approach their dogs and calm them down and stop the barking as soon as reasonably possible. All the cottages are individually fenced (1.2 meters high) and gated to give you and your dogs a private space but unfortunately, noise does not stop at the fence! The fences are separate from each other. This is not the right place to bring “Yappers” who bark at everything that moves and nothing at all! Dogs that can jump over fences and that cannot be contained in the gardens are not allowed.
3. Please take note that pet-friendly accommodation requires that your pets are well trained, have their own sleeping bags, blankets and toys, that they do not jump onto or chew furniture or sleep on beds/sofa,s and that are “flea-free” N.B. You will be responsible for cleaning after your pets, picking up their waste, and ensuring that the garden is left in the way that you have found it. We will exercise the right to hold you responsible for any damage caused by your pets.
4. On arrival, guests are requested to get their dogs safely into their garden – the carport area is not safe. Once in your garden, your dogs are safe to run around and in the park as well. You will be shown where the walking trails are and the areas where it is safe to let your dogs off-leash. Please respect the safe areas pointed out to you – we cannot be held responsible for possible injuries to dogs who are outside their boundaries.
5. We try to provide tranquil accommodation for all our guests and therefore dog owners who are unable to control their dogs and allow them to disturb other guests or owners who leave dogs unattended, will be requested to remove the dogs from the property. Should the owner decide to leave as well, there will be no refund for early departure.